How to Load a New Sims
1. Sign in at the front GA desk. Be sure to sign in both on your
instructor page (as you would for a normal lab assignment) AND on the Sims sign
in sheet at the back of the miscellaneous binder.
2. Ask the GA for a Sims disk. Go to a computer and insert the
3. An installation prompt will appear, asking you to choose English or
Spanish. Click cancel. When it asks 'Are you sure you wish to quit
installation' click yes.
4. Go into the Start menu. Under All Programs, find The Sims
2. There are two options: Saved Neighborhoods Folder and The Sims 2.
If you do not have a saved game you wish to return to, select The Sims 2.
If you wish to return to a previously saved game, check the how-to guide for
loading a saved game.
5. A prompt will appear, asking you to choose your language. If
this is your first time playing The Sims 2, it might be a good idea to first try
out the tutorial in English (option 8). Otherwise, choose your
6. The game will first copy some folders over (this may take a minute
or two -- please be patient) and then the game will load. If you are
playing the tutorial, select the 'Learn to Play' option on the bottom left of
the menu when it appears. Otherwise, enter into a neighborhood and begin